Innovative by tradition
The family-owned enterprise Wurm was founded in 1872 as a saw factory in Remscheid, the former center of German tool industry.
In the course of technical development, the production of saws was discontinued and the company’s business activities began to focus on the production of electrical control panels and switchboards. This was the birth of Wurm Schaltanlagenbau.
As an established provider in the market, Wurm Schaltanlagenbau grew continually. In the 1980s, Horst Peter Wurm, the great-grandson of the founder Herbert Wurm, expanded the business towards micro-electronics which is still the main sector today.
Because of the company’s successful development, the management decided to separate the business units of switchboards and micro-electronics. Since 2001, Wurm Schaltanlagenbau and Wurm Elektronische Systeme have been independent companies within the Wurm group.
Close cooperation within the Wurm Group and the efficient combining of the respective competencies hardware/ software development and plant planning is highly esteemed and recognized in the market.
With the technical know-how and the strong motivation of our employees, we carry on enhancing positive synergy effects every day.